Rewards and Benefits
CUSU offers a wide range of benefits to its employees; these include:
- Regular feedback on your performance throughout the year with your line manager which provides the opportunity to progress through our salary bands to reflect how well you do in your job.
- An opportunity to join one of the 2 pension schemes, NUSPS or NEST, where CUSU contributes to your pension arrangement.
- Generous annual leave entitlement in addition to public/bank holidays, more than the statutory minimum. Your annual leave increases with length of service. Leave is calculated pro-rata for part-time employees and employees joining part-way through the year.
- Additional leave in specific circumstances, including compassionate leave and leave for caring dependents in an emergency.
- Great work-life balance for all employees; maternity leave up to 52 weeks, adoption leave, paternity leave and shared parental leave. Job share, part-time and term-time only working can apply to many of our jobs.
- The University Nursery provides superb quality childcare between the ages of 3 months and 4 years old at subsidised rates for the children of CUSU staff.
- Group life assurance cover of three times your salary in the event of death in service. This provides an employee’s dependents with a tax-free lump sum benefit.
- Corporate Eyecare Vouchers as CUSU takes the health and safety of its employees seriously. Employees who are regular users of VDUs can receive free eye tests once every 2 years.
- Access to Coventry University’s facilities, including CU Library and Bookshop, Square One 3D Cinema, Spirituality and Faith Centre, and many food and drinks outlets.
- NUS Associate Membership, including a free NUS Extra Totum Card. This allows staff to obtain student discounts on the high street, restaurants and on-line. This benefit is only usually available to students.