The Disability Confident scheme aims to help organisations successfully employ and retain disabled people and those with health conditions.
Coventry University Students’ Union is a Disability Confident Employer. Diversity is important to us and we are committed to the aims of Disability Confident. In particular, we will:
- ensure that our recruitment processes are inclusive and accessible;
- communicate our vacancies through a range of different channels;
- guarantee an interview to applicants with a disability who meet the minimum essential requirements of the role;
- anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as and when required;
- provide support to any existing employee who acquires a disability or a long-term health condition.
As part of our commitment to Disability Confident, we ask all applicants (on the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Form) if they wish to be considered under this scheme should they meet the essential criteria for the role. By opting-in to this scheme, applicants will be disclosing that they have a disability solely for the purpose of the interview guarantee. We will not assume nor infer that an applicant wishes to disclose or record their disability in any other way.
The Disability Confident symbol demonstrates recognition given by Department for Work and Pensions to organisations who are committed to good practice in employing disabled people.