If you are a undertaking your studies alongside work or other commitments, balancing your time may seem like a daunting prospect! There are things you can do to manage this effectively.
- If you are employed try to make sure you have regular shifts so that you can plan your week in advance.
- If you commute by train or bus, can you do essential readings during this time?
- Find out where the Postgraduate Study space is in the Coventry University library so you have a quiet place to go to study.
- Make sure your university outlook calendar is on your smartphone or laptop so that you can keep it up to date. If you are traditional and like a paper diary, make sure you keep it with you so that you can update it on the go.
- Make sure you know when your important academic deadlines are so that you can plan ahead.
- Find out if your lectures are recorded, as this can be a great tool when work and study commitments clash.
- If you need any help or advice during your time at Coventry University get in touch with the Students’ Union Advice Centre (SUAC). Our advisers will offer you free, independent and confidential support.
- Make sure you have time to unwind and relax! It may seem like a luxury but it is definitely a necessity. Taking some time off will help you energise and refocus! Sometimes its easiest to book “me time” in your diary so that you commit it.
Have you found accommodation yet?
Follow this link http://www.cusu.org/support/advice/housing/find-a-room-find-a-roommate/ to either register a room or find a room from someone else who is advertising.
The Students’ Union Advice Centre (SUAC) can look over your housing contract for you and provide useful information. Click for contact information for SUAC.