What Is Black History Month
Black History Month isn't just about celebrating the history of Black communities; it's about bringing attention to their diverse and richly varied cultures too. During Black History Month here at CUSU, we want to shine a light on the diversity of culture we have here within our Black student communities and educate students about the incredible spectrum of people and traditions found right here at our university.
You can read more about Black History Month by clicking here
Our Aims for 2020
This year we aim to:
- Create a CUSU pledge to decolonise our activities
- Amplify Black voices and talent on campus on beyond
- Raise awareness of how to have healthy conversations around race
- Raise awareness of the barriers face by the Black community when accessing Mental Health services.
- Celebrate the contributions, and innovations being made by in Black communities.
Take a look at what we got up to, for Black History Month 2019!