CUSU offers a wide range of benefits to its employees, see below to hear what they are.
- CUSU have the opportunity to join one of two pension schemes, NUSPS or NEST, where CUSU contributes to your pension arrangement.
- Generous annual leave entitlement in addition to public/bank holidays, more than the statutory minimum. Your annual leave increases with length of service.
ADDITIONAL LEAVE FOR SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES
- This includes compassionate leave and leave for caring dependants in an emergency.
GREAT WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Maternity leave up to 52 weeks, adoption leave, paternity leave and shared parental leave. Job share, part-time and term-time only working can apply to many of our jobs.
- University nursery provides superb quality childcare between the ages of 3 months and 4 years old at subsidised rates for the children of CUSU staff.
- Employees can come to work dressed casually, there is not a strict dress code.
GROUP LIFE ASSURANCE COVER
- Cover of three times your salary in the event of death in service. This provides the employees dependants with a tax-free lump sum benefit.
- Free eyecare vouchers are available for all employees every 2 years.
- Risk assesments are available for all jobs and are undertaken for pregnant employees.
ACCESS TO CU FACILITIES
- Including the library and bookshop, square one cinema, spirituality and faith centre, and many more food and drink outlets.
- Free Totem card which allows staff to obtain student discounts on the high street, restaurants and online. This benefit is only usually available to students.
-Concession parking fees in the city centre via coventry university carparks.
Health and Wellbeing benefits:
- Up to 6 free treatments of physiotherapy.
- We provide staff wellbeing activities, including healthy eating options and our 'Book Swop'
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE
- Free occupational health service, including counselling services, and access to our employee assistance programme which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Gym membership at Coventry University's sport centre where you can choose your level of membership at a reduce cost that fits your needs.
CYCLE TO WORK
- Our cycle to work scheme provides tax savings on bikes and equipment of up to 42%, and employees do not have to cycle to work to qualify.