It’s my pleasure to welcome you on behalf of Coventry University Students’ Union (CUSU) to Coventry University. We hope to make your Coventry experience worthwhile.
As this is my very first blog post, I wouldn’t want to bore you with too much stuff, so I will keep this very brief!
Let’s start with few things about me….
- I’m Adebowale, but feel free to call me Wale.
- Favourite Movie : 3 Idiots
- Favourite TV Series: Suits and Empire
- Football Club : Arsenal
- Colours I most cherish : Pink and Purple
- I love being stylish (can’t go wrong on that)
- I was the Representation & Welfare Officer for 2015/2016
- I have never played a video game (NOT EVER!), neither do I’ve games on my device! (You can come around to prove me wrong)
Are you still with me? Great!! Now let me brief you about my plans for the year ahead.
- Increase student engagement as it relates to campaigns and democracy: get more students to attend the All Students’ Meeting, involve students in campaigns, and increase the number of students standing for elections.
- Work with the Exec team in developing a holistic out of the classroom experience for ALL students (whether CUC or CU). And to ensure this is effective, systems will be put in place to measure the involvement of students.
- Act at all times in the best interests of the students’ union and that also comes with taking responsibilities for all actions.
- As the President, I’ll be an advocate for improved services, quality educational and social experiences for all students
- As the lead and voice for the students’ union; equality, fair representation and student satisfaction are very key objectives.
You can always find myself and the rest of the elected officers on the 1st floor of The Hub, room 1.24 (Please you’re always welcome to come in). It promises to be a great year ahead and I wouldn’t want you to miss out on anything!
You can also catch up with me via the following social media platforms: