Exciting news… we’ve just broken 3,000 entries and we’re still going!
We’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported the #FestivalOfRunning or signed up to the #CovHalf and #GoRun5k so far.
Entries are still open so don’t miss your chance to be part of it. Head to https://www.enjoycoventry.com/festivalofrunning/ to enter now!
We’ve got some fun facts about our first 3,000 for you:
- For 57% this is the first time they’ve run the #CovHalf, and for 25% this is their first ever Half Marathon!
- At the other end of the spectrum we have one runner who has over 150 Half Marathons under their belt and 12 runners who’ve run 100 or more
- One of our entrants has never missed a Coventry Half Marathon
- 78% of our runners are unaffiliated – great news for local running clubs looking to snap up some new members!
(It’s so great to see experienced runners and newbies alike signing up)
- 55% of Half Marathon entrants are aiming for sub 2hrs, including an elite unit of 10 aiming for the 1:00:00-1:15:00 window (and one entrant who is “so quick it’s scary”)
- We have one confirmed Chewbacca
- We have over 100 runners using this as part of their marathon training before they go on to London, Paris, Munich, Brighton, Manchester, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Boston!
- Runners are supporting over 50 charities (that we know of!), raising money to support hospices, refugees, mental illness, cancer charities, Alzheimer’s, a sensory garden, children’s centres, public space defibrillators, youth football, dance, muscular dystrophy, trampolining, macular degeneration, crisis support, anti-bullying, and much, much more
- After charity, the most popular reason for runners to take part is to take on a challenge, followed by improving fitness and health, and enjoyment
- A lot of our 5k runners are taking on their first ever running event, with many using it as motivation to stick with Couch to 5k or ParkRun, quite a few team entries from local businesses and charities, and one entrant whose “girlfriend made me do this, but I love her and I love running now!”