The university now has a dedicated page on the Student Portal for advice and support in relation to the new coronavirus outbreak.
The World Health Organization has assigned an official name for the illness: COVID-19. The acronym stands for 'coronavirus disease 2019', as the illness was first detected toward the end of last year.
Students should use this page as a first point of reference for information from the university about COVID-19. This includes:
- The latest information and recommendations from Public Health England
- Support available to staff and students affected or concerned by the outbreak of COVID-19
- FAQs and contact information
- Travel advice to and from China and other selected countries
- General information about the virus
- Links to reliable information from official sources
Visit the Coronavirus Advice and Support page
You can read the joint statement from Coventry University Vice-Chancellor, Prof. John Latham CBE, and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Warwick, Prof. Stuart Croft, on the coronavirus outbreak.