Welcome from Coventry University Students' Union (CUSU). We have so much planned for this year and can't wait for you to join us.
CUSU is student-led and supports all areas of university life from mental health and wellbeing to academic issues, safer living, equity and diversity, sustainability, campaigning, welfare and rights, entertainment, sports clubs and societies. We’re here to support you throughout your time at Coventry University and to make your first weeks as easy as possible.
Leaving home for the first time is a massive lifestyle change. We believe students learn best in a vibrant, friendly and nurturing environment. We want you to flourish and grow in confidence while you’re studying. Feel free to come and visit us at The Hub (see below). We look forward to welcoming you in person.
So, what have you got to look forward to on arrival and what practical matters to attend to?
To help you settle into your new accommodation, CUSU has organised 8 Communities Roadshows for the first time in 2019 from September 17 – 26 where you can join in a range of activities and meet our Communities. There will be 4 at university-owned halls of residence and 4 outside your faculty lecture theatres. Read what's happening here. The ResLife team at Futurelets is also running a wide range of social events in their halls of residence across the city ranging from Welcome BBQs to pizza parties and movie nights.
Love to shop – especially if there’s a bargains to be had? We hear you! The annual Student Shopping Night returns on Wednesday Oct 2. The Lower Precinct, West Orchards and Coventry BID will be throwing open their doors exclsuively to students between 6pm-9pm doors with lots of student discounts, live DJ's and entertainment. Register for a free wristband today by clicking the ticket link, this along with your Student ID will give you access. Just make sure to collect your wristband from CUSU reception before the day of the event. There are limited tickets though so don’t delay in registering!
International students can make use of the Meet and Greet service provided by the FutureLets team at Coventry University - a FREE airport transfer service to safely transport you to your accommodation. Available daily until Sunday 22 September 2019.
Explore the Campus - Campus Wayfinder is super-handy for this!
Check out Enjoy Coventry for current events in the future City of Culture 2021.
Sign up for a NUS Extra TOTUM discount card and App for exclusive student discounts.
Need any advice? Book an appointment at the Students' Union Advice Centre (SUAC).
Importantly, if you're feeling anxious, depressed or unwell speak to a doctor or a mental health advisor see here.
- Enrole online.
- Activate your IT account login so you can access your CU Coventry email account and other student software, such as CU Coventry’s online learning platform Moodle.
- Activate your student ID card at a Phoenix registration point. Find out more here.
- Already starting to think about ways of enhancing your employability and CV while at uni? CUSU Level 1 Add+Vantage module registration opens on Thur September 19 and closes on Wed September 25. Be quick if you want to get onto some of the more in-demand courses. Also learn about how you can gain one of our Employability team’s Leadership Award through extra-curricular activities like volunteering.
- Your faculty will run induction sessions for your course, which you’ll find in the pre-arrival information.
- The International Office will be delivering talks, workshops and activities aimed to help students meet their new classmates and settle into UK life.
Settling into a new city can also involve a lot of life admin.
- Register with a doctor at the Coventry University Medical Centre in The Hub and a dentist.
- Before you arrive open a student bank account .
- Insure your belongings - some halls do come with contents insurance.
- Student Health App - this NHS-approved App offers more than 900 pages of reliable health info aimed at students.