Lisa's Online Learning Experience
My name is Lisa, I am currently in my 2nd year pursuing a BA in Advertising and Marketing. I am grateful to start this by saying that the transition to online classes has been a smooth process here at Coventry University. Mainly because the lecturers have gone beyond to ensure that we have all the resources that we require to advance in our courses despite the current challenges.
Here are a few tips that have made my transition to online school easier:
Plan your timetable
- Allocate time slots for all your classes at the beginning of the week and put them in your calendar. This will give you a brief overview of your week and will give you room to allocate other activities.
- Set reminders for these classes in order to be well prepared beforehand.
- Dedicate study slots for each module and spread them out evenly through the week. Each of these slots should be designated for a specific purpose. One or two should be allocated to reviewing the lectures posted on Aula that week, and the others should be set aside for reviewing course materials or working on assignments. These should be tailored individually to suit your needs, so try what works for you.
- As a University student it is recommended that you have balance. Allocating free time will give your mind a break from all the work.
- You can spend this time doing something light-hearted that is sure to brighten up your day.
- It's also great to ensure that your physical wellbeing is maintained during this time. Adopt the simple habit of working out and getting your heart rate up. The feeling afterwards is incredible and you’re going to experience higher productivity levels!
- As previously mentioned, the lecturers are willing to help, so if you have any queries or discussions that you would like to have if you’re unsure about something, speak up and let them know your situation. I’m sure you will receive the guidance you were looking for.
- Aula is very helpful, with all the extra information posted on there. The community aspect of it has been beneficial because we as students have been there to help each other out.
I hope that you find these tips useful and practical to implement on this journey of online learning
All the best!
Click here to find out more on the #EngageToAchieve campaign, how to enter and some useful resources for online learning.