Select your location

Current location: Coventry

Student Guidance: Where to go for Academic Advice?

Don’t suffer in silence. 

The Students’ Union Advice Centre can offer advice on all of Coventry University’s academic procedures and committees. 

So, what does this include? Our advisors can assist you with queries regarding examinations, academic appeals, academic complaints, changing or permanently leaving your course, a temporary withdrawal, mitigating circumstances, plagiarism, postgraduate supervision, fitness to attend, continuation of registration and fitness to practice. 

If you’ve concluded the complaints or appeals procedures and received your completion of procedures letter, and you’re still not happy with the outcome you can take your complaint to the OIA. The Regulations governing all aspects of the University rules can be found in the University Calendar and course specific guidance can be found in your Course Handbook. 

If you would like to discuss your situation or find out more about taking a complaint to the OIA please contact the Students’ Union Advice Centre. You can arrange an appointment via email at, Tel: 0208 123 8205 or attend a drop-in session with an advisor at The Hub on Mon, Tue, Thur or Fri between 11am-1pm.