Have you heard about the Academic Rep System? The Rep System is one of the largest Education Rep Systems in the UK made up of over 1,000 students annually who are there to represent you.
Reps gather feedback of students on their course and work with academic staff to resolve any problems to improve the student experience. Whether you have ideas on how staff can better support you, feel as though the delivery of modules could be improved or have any other feedback Reps want to hear from you.
What have Reps achieved in previous years?
Each year we achieve so many wins for courses and students at the university as a whole. Here are just a few of them:
- Making the library 24hours (Pre Covid)
- Improving the quality of feedback received in some courses
- Helping extend hand in dates for assessment where not enough time has been given
- Worked with services, such as IT and Estates, to improve your experience
How can I contact my Reps?
You can find out who your Reps are by clicking HERE. Our Reps are always looking for feedback from students so be sure to drop them an email with anything you would like to see improved.
There are so many reasons why you should sign up to be a Rep but here is just a few:
- Meet new people. Like we said earlier, we are one of the biggest communities on campus and therefore you have the opportunity to meet so many other students. Whether that be at one of our various social events or when you’re working with other students to bring about positive change, becoming a Rep broadens your social circles and helps you make new friends.
- Improve your employability skills. We don’t want Reps to just gather feedback, we care about your development and want to give you skills that employers look for. We provide you with a training package, access to exclusive workshops and the chance to put your skills in to practice. As a Rep you will improve your communication, problem solving and time management skills to mention just a few.
- You can receive payment. Our Senior Course Rep roles come with a volunteer payment of up to £100. These roles are limited so be sure to apply for them soon.
- Achieve a leadership award. Reps can gain awards for the work they do which can be used once you leave the university on your CV.
But don’t just take our word. You can find out how you can benefit from becoming a Rep from some of our students. Watch our short video HERE.
So why not become a Rep today and become part of the loudest voice on campus. Apply HERE now.
If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or check our web page HERE.