Click here to find web links to activities and resources to help out with your Academic Wellbeing
Academic Support Events, Activities and Resources
We are running our Academic Wellbeing Campaign in the lead up to your exams and assessment deadlines to help you prepare and feel confident. There is lots of support available across the university, CUSU and wider. Take a look at the events and resources below.
Academic Support University Locations:
Below find some of the academic support found at each campus location:
Faculty Based Graduates:
We caught up with recent Coventry and CU Group graduates. Hear what they have to say about revision tips during the pandemic and how to make the most of the academic and post graduate services and opportunities!
Academic Support Resources:
University Services (Coventry):
- Library - Coventry University library is open for students to study in 7 days a week 08:00-22:00. Electronic resources are available 24/7 and live Libchat is available 09:00 – midnight each day. Students can book study spaces for up to 8 hours on floor 1 and the rest of the library up to 4 hours. Spaces are silent but you can now use the ground floor to interact with online classes. Coventry University Library is also running Study at Home Effectively workshops online alongside the general library workshops.
- Libguides Referencing skills for a range of styles of referencing:
- Coventry University
- CU Group
SIGMA - Mathematics and Statistics Support has a range of provision to support students with the mathematical and statistical elements of their studies – not only in the lead up to assessments but at any time. The main services are:
- An online drop-in centre (no advance booking – just drop-in!) where students can have a 1:1 conversation with a maths or stats tutor. They are open from 9am - 9pm during the week (6.00pm on Wednesdays and Fridays) and also from 1.00pm to 5.00pm on Saturdays.
- Face-to-face support in their (covid-secure) centre on the ground floor of the Library. This is open 11.00am-1.00pm and 2.00-4.00pm Monday to Friday. To ensure covid-security, places have to be pre-booked (for 1 or 2 hours).
- Pre-booked 1 hour online appointments
CAW - Centre For Academic Writing is offering online 1-1 and workshops.
Just remember though, that CAW is closed over Easter
Each CU Group campus has an Academic Writing LibGuide: CU Coventry, CU London (Dagenham and Greenwich, CU Scarborough
Coventry University London Campus Academic Support Unit
Find out about the range of support, advice and guidance available to CovUniLDN Students, and how this can help you with your studies. You can find information on their Spotlight programme, Academic English resources, and book a place on one of their many workshops. For information on Careers and Digital Skills, please click the relevant boxes below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to chat to us on MS Teams.
The team are available Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm, UK time.
CU Group Learning Resources
Local sites: CU Scarborough - Library Guide | CU London - Library Guide
Academic Writing Service
This service is part of Library and Learning Services at the CU Group and is dedicated to guiding and assisting students with academic writing and English language at university. Whether you are finding it difficult at the beginning of your course or need to develop and improve to achieve the grades you want in years 2 and 3, the service is here to help.
IT Academic Skills
Produce better assignments and develop job skills by improving your documents in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and many other apps.
Academic Training & Workshops
The following workshops run across the CU Group (for all students at CU London, CU Scarborough and Coventry). To access a workshop, just enter their Zoom room from around 10 minutes before the session start time - no need to book.
Workshops include inductions to services, help with using Locate and our ebooks, doing research more generally, and getting the hang of the referencing style needed for your course. They add more workshops regularly, so make sure to keep an eye out to see what's coming up!
News & Articles: