This opportunity is based in Scarborough which is quite far from Coventry!
If you are a CU Scarborough student you can view the opportunity here
The Faith and Belief Forum has worked tirelessly for over 20 years to build good relations between people of all...
This opportunity takes place between 06 Sep 2021 and 31 Jul 2022. Closing date for applications is 01 May.
ParliaMentors is a UN award winning interfaith political leadership programme, you will be mentored by an MP and trained extensively in public speaking, team work, communication, project design and management, politics, campaigning and much more. You will improve your management, leadership, initiative, negotiation and many more skills over the course of the year.
ParliaMentors is a UN award-winning leadership programme
where teams of university students of different faiths and non-religious beliefs collaborate to create real social change while being mentored by MPs.
Through expert-led training, support from local and national NGOs and access to Westminster, ParliaMentors gives students the networks and skills they need to effect real change in their communities, in their careers and in the political arena.
Students on the programme will:
- See politics in action: Gain a unique insight into the political process while being mentored by MPs and Peers.
- Create social change: Work in mixed-belief teams to create social action projects with support from leading charities.
- Develop leadership skills: Learn through direct experience, expert-led training workshops and events.
- Build networks: Create new professional and personal links with institutions and organisations and by joining our Alumni Network.
Since 2007, over 500 people have graduated from the programme and now form our vibrant alumni network, continuing to engage in the many opportunities on offer to former participants.
“This is a huge opportunity for you. I want to pay tribute to the Faith & Belief Forum for this initiative… and I think it is very, very important. It is a great badge of honour for you that you are part of it.” – Rt Hon Ed Miliband MP
Apply to Parliamentors
ParliaMentors is open to university students who identify with a faith or belief (religious or non-religious), are keen to work with others of different backgrounds and aspire to be political or community leaders. We are looking for participants who have an interest in making a positive impact on society beyond university, and who take an interest in British politics.
Please note that this year applications are only open to anyone who will be a current student in the 2021/22 academic year
Register your interest at https://faithbeliefforum.org/programme/parliamentors/register/
Whenever suits you and the rest of your team at Coventry University.
There are twelve trainings across the year in these you will gain skills in:
Leadership and Management
Mentoring and counselling
Negotiation and influencing
Planning and organising
Reviewing and evaluation
Benefits to self
You will gain and improve a huge range of skills and be mentored by a local member of Parliament.
You will showcase your skills in a tangible way, helping you in your graduate job applications.
You will join the network of over 600 alumni leading across all sectors.
Benefits to others
You will be supported to find a sustainable solution to a local need, alongside a team of four other students at Coventry University.
All transport costs are reimbursed.
Around 2 hours per week, but up to you and your team.
Support from a dedicated member of staff and an MP who will mentor you over the year.
All expenses that you incur will taking part in ParliaMentors programme will be reimbursed.
- ProfessionsMarketing, Online Volunteering
- Crisis & PovertyFood banks, Refugees
- Crime & JusticeDomestic Violence, Human rights, Victim support
- Culture & HeritageHeritage, Public events
- CUSU VolunteeringCUSU Volunteers
- Health & Social CareLearning disability, Mental Health
- People & CommunitiesChildren, Elderly, Faith, Men, Women, Young People
- Student Led ProjectsOn Campus, Project Leader, Team member