This opportunity is based in Scarborough which is quite far from Coventry!
If you are a CU Scarborough student you can view the opportunity here
Events. Fundraising. Virtual.
Seasonal Volunteer Team Leader
This opportunity takes place between 01 Nov 2020 and 28 Feb 2021.
Volunteers are an integral part of Human Appeal’s success. They are the ones that create real change for those most in need. This is your chance to meet new people, gain new skills and experience and have fun whilst being part of a great cause. We need a Volunteer Team Leader who will remotely recruit and manage a team of volunteers to ensure their active involvement in our winter campaign.
Winter is the most difficult time of year for refugees and those who have been displaced from their homes. Sub-zero temperatures, wind, sleet and snow are all devastating if you have no means of getting warm or dry. The elderly, pregnant women, the disabled and small children are all at risk of sickness and death in the winter months. Without food or warmth, it is impossible to fight off illness and colds or flu can become fatal.
With your support, we were able to save precious lives this winter.
Main tasks include:
- Recruit volunteers and fellow team leaders to your team
- Collaborate team leaders, the volunteering team and fund development
- Lead on the online fundraising initiative for the winter campaign
- Communicate important information related to the campaign to your team
- Maintain regular communications with the volunteering and fund development team
- Promote the campaign and events through social media
- Participate in meetings associated with the work above and to ensure that actions from any meetings or discussions are completed
- To assist the Fund Development and Volunteering Team in all other aspects of delivering campaigns
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post
- Ability to manage people
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of people and to think creatively
- Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills.
To apply, please register your interest through the hub so that this can be monitored by the university, and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be “[Your Name] – Volunteer Team Leader Application.” Once received we will confirm receipt and let you know whether you have been shortlisted. If you have any questions about this role or volunteering for Human Appeal, please feel free to get in touch at email@example.com.
If you apply through the hub and do not email us we will drop you an email to request a CV as application.
Hours are flexible throughout the campaign. you will be expected to attend meetings (time flexible) and be involved and leading projects for our winter campaign (November-February)
As a team leader we will give you the same training as our general volunteers (induction and handbook) with the addition of extra leadership training such as managing volunteers, skills needed to fulfil the role.
Benefits to self
• Opportunities to take part in Human Appeal events
• Experience of operating within an international humanitarian charity
• Experience to develop knowledge and skills in people management
• Excellent support as part of a friendly team
• Support in developing your CV and interviewing skills (should
Benefits to others
change the lives of refugees this year by raising awareness and funds
mentoring, encouraging, and supporting volunteers in your team.
if travel is absolutely necessary then this will be reimbursed in line with our expenses policy. We may schedule travel on your behalf depending on the nature of the opportunity.
this is a seasonal role and we expect winter team leaders to be in their role for a minimum of 4 months.
You will have a dedicated local member of staff and volunteers officer to provide ongoing support and supervision.
food and travel reimbursed in line with our expenses policy
- ProfessionsEvents, Marketing, Online Volunteering
- Crisis & PovertyCrisis Support, Emergency services, Food banks, Homeless, International aid, Refugees
- People & CommunitiesChildren, Elderly, Faith, Families, Men, Women, Young People
- Student Led ProjectsProject Leader