This opportunity is based in Scarborough which is quite far from Coventry!
If you are a CU Scarborough student you can view the opportunity here
Historic Coventry Trust is an energetic charity that was launched in 2015 formed to acquire, restore and reuse Coventry’s...
This opportunity is ongoing, with no end date.
Research volunteers play a key role in helping us to discover the history of Coventry in our historic sites, and the people and events that shaped them. You are responsible for researching the history of our sites through specific themes and briefs set by the Trust, which will help people engage further with our sites through the stories you uncover. You will help us build and expand our knowledge bank of our sites, which feed into everything from tour guide content, talks, to educational, interpretation and training material.
There are lots of reasons why you should volunteer and become part of our team. By volunteering with us you will not only play a key part in caring for Coventry’s heritage, but you’ll be part of a diverse volunteering community and will meet likeminded people. You will have the opportunity to learn and develop new skills, whilst doing something that makes a difference. As a Research volunteer you will have the opportunity to develop and refine your research skills through locating and working with a range of historic sources, alongside developing your written and verbal skills whilst contributing to our knowledge bank.
What do we ask our Research volunteers to do?
- Research and document this history of our sites using a variety of different methods and resources, exploring both the economic and social history that directly feeds into our site’s interpretation.
- Work as part of a dynamic team collaboratively on the topics provided, sharing and presenting your research progress and ideas.
- Be open and flexible in sharing your research with other staff, volunteers and the wider community.
- Use different research methods to find information, ranging from online research to archival.
Approximately 4 hours per week
Training will be provided.
Benefits to self
Play a key part in caring for Coventry’s heritage, but you’ll be part of a diverse volunteering community and will meet likeminded people.
Learn and develop new skills.
Develop your written and verbal skills whilst contributing to our knowledge bank.
Benefits to others
Supporting a project that will benefit the local community.
Flexible, approximately 4 hours per week.
Ongoing support will be provided.
- Culture & HeritageHeritage, Public events