This opportunity is based in Scarborough which is quite far from Coventry!
If you are a CU Scarborough student you can view the opportunity here
We are an international relief and development agency that asks the question, what makes us human?
Volunteer Team Leader
This opportunity takes place between 31 Jul 2021 and 31 Jan 2022.
We are recruiting Volunteer Team Leaders to lead and inspire! This is your chance to meet new people, gain new skills and experience and have fun whilst being part of a great cause.
This role is currently remote from home but will move to a virtual opportunity, we are therefore looking for applicants who are within the UK (North England, Midlands, Scotland, Wales)
We need individuals who can manage a group of volunteers within their region and work with Human Appeal staff members to ensure volunteers’ active involvement in events and campaigns.
- Recruit new volunteers and lead current volunteers who will be allocated to your team
- Communicate important campaign-related information to your team
- Organise events with your team within an assigned budget
- Actively attend and participate in Team Leader meetings and complete any actions allocated to you
- Work with the Human Appeal staff team to deliver campaigns and in-person events
- Attend leadership training every 2 weeks to gain the skills and knowledge to fulfil the role
- Where possible, support with Team Leader recruitment by joining the interviewing panel
We will provide you with the tools, training and support you need but here are a few things we are looking for:
- Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, innovation and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and develop as an individual and accept constructive feedback
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of people
- Ability to support and coordinate a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to prioritise workload and work well in a team
Minimum of 2 hours per week; minimum duration of 6 months
Leadership training to help you develop the skills and knowledge needed to fulfil the role
Managing volunteers training
A dedicated member of staff to provide ongoing support and supervision
Payment of “out of pocket” expenses in line with Human Appeal’s expenses policy
Webinars to provide you with the information you require for the campaign
A volunteer handbook that outlines the policies and procedures you need to be aware of whilst volunteering
Regional: from the North, Midlands, Scotland or Wales
Benefits to self
Opportunities to take part in Human Appeal events and training programmes
Opportunity for you and your team run your own event for a Human Appeal project of your choice
Support from our HR Team in developing your CV and interviewing skills
Develop skills in people management, project management
Benefits to others
Supporting our projects in 25 countries around the world, helping families in need globally.
6 months minimum
A designated fundraising officer and volunteering officer for shadowing and supervision
training throughout the programme and team leader's handbook
regular 1-1 supervisions
Reasonable travel and food expenses in line with expenses policy
- ProfessionsEvents, Marketing
- Crisis & PovertyInternational aid, Refugees