This opportunity is based in Scarborough which is quite far from Coventry!
If you are a CU Scarborough student you can view the opportunity here
Volunteering projects offered through the CUSU Volunteering Department, in the local community and online too.
This opportunity is ongoing, with no end date.
Post Pals is an on-campus, student-led project, where students come together to create cards, letters, and gifts for seriously ill children and their siblings. Post Pals was a charity set up by a group of teenagers who were very ill themselves; and knew how happy receiving kind post would make them.
So if you're creative; or if you're not creative at all but would like to write to some lovely children and put a smile on their face, apply now!
Hours per week
1-2 per week
Rooms will be booked out in advance and materials will be provided through the project leaders!
Guidelines will be presented by project leaders on appropriate content.
Benefits to self
- A social space for students who want to come together and create the cards.
- The sense of creating resources that are guaranteed to make a difference in a child's life.
- A chance to step away from the stresses of student life.
To suit you!
Resources, rooms and materials are all provided!
Project Leaders will be present to support activities
- Culture & HeritageArt, Craft
- CUSU VolunteeringCUSU Volunteers
- Health & Social CareHospices, Learning disability, Mental Health
- People & CommunitiesChildren, Families, Young People
- Student Led ProjectsOn Campus