Volunteering projects offered through the CUSU Volunteering Department.
Volunteer Buddy (Mentor)
This opportunity takes place between 28 Jan 2019 and 25 Feb 2019. Closing date for applications is 21 Jan.
The Buddy project has been designed to allow student volunteers to support new international students in settling well into Coventry University.
Responsibilities of a Buddy (mentor) are as follows:
1. To give a tour of the Coventry University Campus and surrounding areas;
2. To share your knowledge and experience of University life (e.g. utilising the library, how to use the printers, the best places to eat etc.);
3. To encourage new students to participate in extracurricular activities, such as Sports, Societies, Volunteering, Reps, etc;
4. To provide feedback to the coordinator at the end of the project.
You'll be required to support your buddy (mentee) on a weekly basis for 4 weeks. The amount of time you spend with your buddy will vary depending on individual needs. As a guide we would recommend 2-3 hours per week for the duration of the project.
Volunteers MUST be able to attend a training session before starting the project. We will be running this on January 23rd from 3pm - 4.30pm.
Benefits to self
Learn new skills;
Gain valuable experience and improve your confidence;
Make a difference in people's lives;
Stand out in a competitive job market;
Benefits to others
You will make a big difference in the lives of international students by supporting them in settling into a new city.
Activities will either be on campus or within walking distance of the University.
The buddy project will run over 4 weeks between January 28th 2019 to February 25th 2019. Volunteers will be required to commit to the entire duration of the project.
Support will be provided throughout from the Wellbeing and Mental Health Community.
- CUSU VolunteeringCUSU Volunteers
- Student Led ProjectsOn Campus