Sport Coventry’s ‘Team Phoenix’ Programme is a support network made in partnership with Coventry University, to enhance the sporting experience of our Flagship Teams. Coventry University’s Sports Teams & Clubs have an annual opportunity to apply for extra support, above and beyond the experience they normally receive from Sport Coventry. As well as receiving support, the programme also requires the Team Phoenix members to enhance, develop and improve their individual skills set. The Team Phoenix programme is targeted at those Teams or Clubs that are competing at the higher levels of the respective competitions.
Clubs involved in the programme have access to the following:
- Strength and Conditioning Sessions and programmes, specific to their Club’s sporting requirements.
- Sports Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Services.
- Athlete welfare support.
- Information on Social Media Platform Training.
- Agreed financial assistance.
- Inclusion within the Showcase Programme.
- Training Camps for team building, fitness testing & physically fundamental strength.
- Workshops to support athletes with Sports Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Active Recovery, Social Media activities, etc.
- A dedicated Performance Sports Mentor.
- Provision of a professional and qualified Head Coach.
Our Performance Sports Programme also has a pathway for Clubs that want to achieve Team Phoenix, but haven’t quite met all of the criteria required. We support these Clubs by offering a limited selection of the above benefits within the ‘Phoenix Academy’.
Team Phoenix Clubs for 2019-2020 are:
Phoenix Academy Clubs for 2019-2020 are:
2018-2019 Performance Sport athletes:
2018-2019 Team Phoenix clubs:
Annual Team Phoenix Awards:
|Annual Team Phoenix Awards:
|Committee of the Year
|Club of the Year
|Most Valuable Player
Hall of Fame athletes:
- Tyler Slaymaker
- Faustina Daskevic
- Gintare Katkute
- Liga Reinholde
- Natalie Cheung
- Aidan Gubbins
- Charlie Hynam
- Megan Hayward
- Dan Jones
- Fergus Stewart
- Jack Craine
- James Northcott
Team Phoenix Social Media and Contacts: