This opportunity is based in Scarborough which is quite far from Coventry!
If you are a CU Scarborough student you can view the opportunity here
The Herbert Art Gallery has worked with local people on a variety of exciting projects as part of the Culture...
Vintage Sleigh Ride Experience Activity Elf
This opportunity takes place between 02 Dec 2019 and 23 Dec 2019. Applications closed on 24 Nov.
During December we will transform part of our museum spaces to create a winter wonderland of fun. Become a magical elf and help our family visitors play and enjoy the season’s merriment.
What the role involves:
• Playing. Support our love for play and playfulness at the museum.
• Socialising. Welcome families, chat and play. Become part of our wider Volunteer Team and make friends.
• Getting into the Christmas spirit. Get into character and help children experience a magical winter wonderland. An elf costume will be provided for this role consisting of a long t-shirt, leggings and a hat but we can modify the costume if needed.
• Keeping activity stations tidy. Help us keep the play areas tidy for the next visitors to enjoy.
Skills, knowledge & qualities we are looking for
• Love for play
• Being welcoming and approachable
• Happy to involve and chat to families
Any three hours between 9:30 and 18:00. Weekdays or weekends between December 2nd to December 23rd.
You would receive training on the activities you would be supporting and how to engage with visitors.
Coventry Transport Museum
Benefits to self
? Be part of the team
? Take part in a community experience.
? Gain confidence
? Have fun!
Benefits to others
You would help families enjoy a range of fun activities and create a magical experience for the community.
Volunteering will take place between December 2nd to December 23rd.
Sessions are approximately 3 hrs long (choosing either a morning or afternoon session). You would need to be able to commit to a minimum of three volunteering sessions at any time convenient for you.
Supported by a Volunteer Coordinator and other museum staff.
We can reimburse travel expenses
- Culture & HeritageMuseums, Heritage, Public events
- People & CommunitiesFamilies