The centre provides essential information and practical help to thousands of refugees and asylum seekers in the Coventry area, originating...
Cooking group Co-ordinator Volunteer
This opportunity takes place between 01 Nov 2019 and 30 Jun 2020. Applications closed on 22 Oct.
To co-ordinate and run a cooking sessions in the CRMC housing. Co-ordinator needs to plan sessions, gather resources and ingredients and deliver to residents of CRMC housing. Sessions aim to teach residents in to cook healthy and nutritious meals on a budget, support with socializing and integration into the local community.
Volunteer co-ordinator will be supported by the Housing unit to ensure they have what they need to do their role. Out of pocket expenses will be provided.
4 Hours per week. 2.5 to run the group and 1.5 preparation/planning time.
Flexible on what days and hours on a Mon-Fri.
Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate.
2 Day CRMC training.
Benefits to self
• Learn new skills and gain experience in coordinating activities
• Possibility to gain a qualification (Level 2 hygiene certificate).
Benefits to others
• Supporting others to live a healthy lifestyle and teaching new skills
• Helping refugees and Migrants integrate into UK society
Travel to CRMC housing to run sessions. Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
Minimum 6 months 4 hours per week (times and days flexible Mon-Fri).
Cooking sessions run for 2.5 hours a week. 1.5 hours for preparation to be done around own commitments.
Supported through out role by CRMC housing team and Volunteer Co-ordinator.
All out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
- Crisis & PovertyRefugees
- People & CommunitiesChildren, Families, Men, Women
- Student Led ProjectsProject Leader