Peep Family Workshops are a funded project from the Department for Education, working for Coast and Vale Community Action - based...
Family workshop assistant
This opportunity is ongoing, with no end date.
We run family workshops throughout the community with parents/carers and pre-school children and babies. The sessions are fun, free and friendly and are open to anyone in the area. Sessions are based around learning within the home through story, song and play. If you have an interest in gaining experience within your community and with families and young children, this could be a great opportunity for you. Our office is based at The Street in Scarborough but we run sessions in Eastfield and Whitby as well.
The role responsibilities include:
• Welcoming families
• Assisting with making refreshments
• Assisting practitioners with setting up sessions ready for families to arrive
• Helping in the running of the sessions and engaging participants through activities such as play, story and song times
• Helping practitioners to clear up and pack down after the session has finished
• To support our practitioners with any administrative tasks relating to the group, including attendance records and registration of new families
• Adhere to good practice guidance, policies and procedures
• Adhere to Coast and Vale Community Action policies and procedures
• Maintain confidentiality at all times and comply with Data Protection procedures and guidelines
• Participate in individual and group training opportunities relevant to the post and team objectives
• Work towards the aims and ethos of Coast and Vale Community Action
• Report any issues or concerns
Volunteers can commit to as little or as many sessions as they would like to. The role is subject to a DBS check, payable by the organisation and any travel expenses are reimbursed to the volunteer.
Sessions are an hour with 15 minutes either side to setup and pack away. Volunteers can commit to as many sessions as they want to.
Paediatric first aid
Scarborough & Whitby
Benefits to self
Gaining valid experience in working within the community, with families and with other staff and volunteers
Benefits to others
Volunteers are invaluable to us being able to run our sessions. We are only a small team of 3 staff so really require help at the sessions.
Any travel expenses are reimbursed
1.5 - 6 hours a week
Regular support from colleagues. One to one supervision is also offered. There will always be a trained member of staff to lead every session.
We pay all travel expenses
- CUSU VolunteeringCUSU Volunteers
- People & CommunitiesChildren, Families, Men, Women