This opportunity is based in Scarborough which is quite far from Coventry!
If you are a CU Scarborough student you can view the opportunity here
UK registered charity and one of the leading Family Assessment Centres in England and Wales. Our focus is to keep...
Hurdle Volunteer – Befriender/Link worker
This opportunity is ongoing, with no end date.
To be part of a team of volunteers and paid staff to support the children and families Hurdle.
To work in partnership with all colleagues whilst ensuring the safeguarding of children remains paramount.
Various volunteer positions are available within Dudley Lodge, these include:
- Volunteer Mentor/Befriender for Hurdle.
- Telephone and virtual support.
- Group work and/or one-to-one work to develop parents cooking skills.
- Group work and/or one-to-one work to develop parents parenting skills.
- The provision of/support with childcare whilst parents attend appointments, groups etc.
- Administrative support.
(NB you will be able to identify your preference of volunteer tasks and activities within your application and as part of the interview process. Wherever possible, volunteer opportunities are offered according to the interests of the individual).
Hours per week
Minimum of 2 hours
A commitment of a minimum of 6 months volunteering, for at least 2 hours per week.
Training induction will be provided.
To be confirmed.
Benefits to self
Enhance your skills and experience.
Experience working with children and families.
Experience completeing community work employment reference (after 6 months of volunteering).
A varied and enjoyable experience.
Personal development programme.
Future career progression.
Benefits to others
Make an impact.
A commitment of a minimum of 6 months volunteering.
Ongoing support will be provided.
- ProfessionsEvents, Health, Marketing, Online Volunteering
- Crisis & PovertyCrisis Support
- Crime & JusticeDomestic Violence, Victim support
- Health & Social CareLearning disability, Mental Health
- People & CommunitiesChildren, Families, Men, Women