Who are we?
We're the society for students studying Law or who have a professional interest in understanding more about the law.
What do we do?
We hold guest speaker and networking events with groups from the wider legal community. Regular open debates to practice public speaking and persuasion skills. Competitions, with cash and work experience prizes, including moot, debate and essay writing. Trips and socials including fundraising dinners and our two formal black-tie balls: the Winter Soiree in December and Annual Law Ball in May.
Why should you join?
To enhance your student experience while studying Law. To connect with others that have an interest in law through social and academic opportunities. To take part in moots and debates, socials and balls. We do it all!
What have we done in the past?
Hello and welcome to Coventry University Law Society!
As a student-led society, we work hard to enhance your student experience while studying at Coventry University or at one of the Coventry University Group institutions. The society aims to help students connect with others that have an interest in law, by providing both social and academic opportunities.
Moots! Debates! Guest Speakers! Socials! Formal Balls! International and National Trips! We Do It All!
A quick snapshot of what we do can be seen below:
Our Academic Activities
- We hold guest speaker events inviting members of the wider legal community to come and give advice and guidance to students.
- We provide networking opportunities with the wider legal community.
- We provide regular open debates to practice those key public speaking and persuasion skills.
- We provide regular competitions, with cash and work experience prizes, including: Moot competitions, Debate Competitions and Essay Writing Competitions.
- We provide academic trips.
Our Social Activities
- We hold regular socials, often including free drink/snack elements followed by afterparties at club venues. The Society always aims to provide transport, free queue jumps and other bonuses for its members.
- We hold occasional fundraising dinner events for those less inclined towards club nights.
- We hold our Formal Black Tie Annual Law Ball in May.
- We provide social trips
Or follow our social media pages here: Facebook Instagram Linkedin
Come along, get involved. Three years is not a long time. Let’s make this a time to remember!
The membership for the society is £10.00 per academic year.
We also offer a dual membership with ELSA Coventry for £15.
News and Updates