The most asked for addition to the facilities on campus from students has been the introduction of microwaves on campus, and the students' union course representatives and SU Campus Executive have been making the case for the introduction of key resource. The University have listened and responded and we're pleased to announce that microwaves will be rolling out this February in the Student Lounge on the 3rd floor as a trial until the end of the year, with the view to making them permanent from September.
to the SU Reps & University Staff for making this happen!
So whether you're sick of cold supermarket meal deals, budget concious and meal prepping, or you've special dietary requirements, you'll soon be able to get the great taste of hot home cooked meals on campus.
- Use a microwavable container - check them out here
- Keep the microwave clean for others and clean up any mess
- heat/reheat food properly - read this BBC guide
- Don't leave the microwave on and unattended
- ...and enjoy some delicious and healthy foods!