Volunteering in the local Community!
- Get informed & involved with the charity and partners that we collaborate with.
- Create your own campaigns and fundraisers to help charity projects.
- Promote volunteering as a method of making friends, networking and developing as a professional.
We host 100s of opportunities from charities, both local and nationally, to opportunities on campus. As well as the opportunities, we are here to support you on your journey into volunteering.
Volunteering can give you the experience that sets apart your CV and allows you to improve your abilities as a leader with professional responsibility.
Make a Difference Days
- Short, rewarding volunteering activities over a few hours.
- A range of activities to take part in – serving many different local charities.
- Meet like-minded people with shared interests in volunteering.
Throughout the year the Student Life Department puts on exciting micro volunteering activities called Make A Difference Day; these can range from helping local community charities, to working with massive national charities to on campus activities. We make sure that all needs are accounted for before you take part, all you need to do is sign up to the activities that fit in your calendar and be there!
Last year, in total 308 volunteers signed up to participate in activities, contributing over 450 hours to the local community. Volunteering days included supporting the Coventry Food Bank, Myton Hospice, Canal & River Trust, Tesco Fare Share, Children In Need Fundraising Event, Shoebox Appeal, Park Service Rangers, Zoë’s Place Baby Hospice, Five Acre Farms, Warwickshire Wildlife Trust, John White Community Centre and Good Gym. These activities are a great opportunity to do some volunteering with no long term commitment, you can choose to come along to one or as many as you like too.
Student Volunteering Week (8th - 14th Feb)
- A week of activities including Make A Differences Days, Fairs and more.
- Help celebrate the efforts of student volunteers.
- Raise the profile of volunteering and what a difference it can make.
Every year in February Student Volunteering Teams throughout the country come together to celebrate the efforts made by students in the third sector as well as encourage more students to engage with volunteering. For the past several years the Student Life Department at CUSU have made sure to have an amazing week filled with volunteering opportunities, fairs and celebrations.
Make sure you're following us to keep up to date with what we are up to!
Make sure you sign up to our weekly newsletter as well!